Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dream House Savings Update - Month 1

Well, its hard to believe one month has passed since I started putting aside the money I save by using coupons. I must say I think it has gone well for my first month. I've bought a three-ring binder, baseball card sleeves, and tabbed dividers and have all of my coupons well organized. During this month, I have saved $143.30 by using coupons. I must admit, I have bought a couple things only because I had a coupon. One of these was a $6 air freshener, but I had a coupon for $6 off, so it was free. Another thing was a $7 candle, but again, I had a coupon for $7 off, so it was free as well. This $13 savings is included in the total above. I keep reminding myself that the savings from this month would be enough to buy paint for several rooms or hardward for a bathroom. Its a drop in a bucket compared to the price of building a house, but its a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment