Back in 1984 (I believe that was the year), after my Great-Grandpa Klenke passed away, some of his land was going to be sold at an auction. My parents decided that they wanted to buy a section of 121 acres located on Hoxey Road, south of Hamel. As a kid, we spent a TON of time out on this land. Somehow, over time, it became known as "The Farm". In the early years, part of the land was planted in various crops and harvested by some family members and friends. Beginning in 1993, Dad put the tillable land in a conservation program through the State of Illinois. Over the following years, several types of trees were planted in these fields. The first field that was planted in trees was 15 acres and it now contains 2,000 walnut and 2,000 pecan trees. I have a lot of memories from planting the trees including needing a johnboat to get to one of the fields after Silver Creek, which cuts across a corner of the land, floaded. Several other snapshots from planting the trees that have been saved in my memory include my Grandpa, who's been gone for almost 10 years now. Some other great memories of time at The Farm include riding 4-wheelers for hours, peeing behind a tree and not being ashamed (LOL!), and stepping on a thorn which went through the sole of my shoe and had to be pulled out by my Dad. Dad and his buddies have always used The Farm for deer hunting. A few years ago, Rob was inducted into the group of hunters. I could seriously talk about my memories from The Farm for hours...just ask me. :)
Sorry, I got a bit sidetracked there! When Rob and I bought our current house, we agreed that we would stay here a minimum of 10 years. We've been here almost 3 years already. Time sure does fly! Over time, we've both developed a passion for the house that we want to build someday. We talk about it almost daily. Its almost become an obsession for us! Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to live at The Farm. Luckily, Rob has grown to share that dream. Some time back we shared our dream with my parents. They have graciously agreed to give us a few acres of The Farm when we are ready to build our house. I know it won't happen for quite a few years, but we have already decided on a floor plan that we LOVE. Here's a picture of the outside...

Some of the highlights include...
The front porch that I have always dreamed of.
Main floor master suite with a bathroom and walk-in closet. That is located on the far right side of the picture.
Three car garage (one of Rob's "musts")
Four bedrooms
A dining room, that I really wish I had now
I used to say "IF we can build our dream house" when Rob and I would talk about it. We agreed that we have to talk about it knowing that it WILL happen. Until then, I clip coupons and question almost any purchase we make in an attempt to save money, all with this picture in my mind. For the next few years, I just have to be patient.
Wow, it looks amazing. Can we move in too???
ReplyDeleteThanks! At least we'll have the PERFECT place to have bonfires!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe will be over a lot!! Just to warn you.
ReplyDeleteAt this point, I don't expect us to be able to act on this dream for another 10 years or so, but its something to look forward to!
ReplyDelete