- For my ENTIRE LIFE, my Mom has been an employee of Chicago Title Insurance Company. In fact, she has worked there since high school. She took a couple years off when I was born, but remained an employee during that time. When she returned to work, it was part time. Eventually, she returned to working full-time. After adjusting for her time off, she has been with the company for approximately 33 years. Late July they were informed that the office would be closing and most of them would be losing their jobs...Mom included. Naturally, the news has been hard to swallow. Now they are in their final days and Mom has started cleaning out her desk. Dad keeps reminding Mom that when one door closes, another door opens. At this point, her plan is to take some time off and see what happens. I'm glad she'll get a break and continue to pray that the next step be clear, smooth and a blessing. Mom, please know that I'm here for you, that everything will be ok. I admire your dedication to your job and to CTI. I love you and will support you in whatever the next step may be for you. You are in my prayers. I love you!!!
- On a lighter note, I am finally in the last class of my MBA at SIUE. I'm currently taking MBA 534, which meets on Monday nights. This is the Capstone class of the program and it really is a lot of work. Each week I struggle to get the homework done for the following week. But, at this point, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have 7 more class sessions, with the last one being Nov 2. Commencement will be Dec 19. My master's degree has taken longer to complete than my bachelor's degree, but at this point, I'm just thankful to be on the final leg of this journey.
- This fall, Rob started his master's degree. He is going to Missouri Baptist University and studying to be a counselor. When he has completed the requirements, he will be a LPC and able to provide counseling services for those in need. He hopes to be done with the program in December 2010. He's super excited about the program and I'm glad to see him studying something that he enjoys. Rob, keep up the good work. We're all proud of you!
- Ella...what happened to the little 7 lb 6 oz baby girl that I swaddled and rocked to sleep not that long ago?!?! That baby girl is changing right before my eyes. About a month ago, she learned how to climb out of her crib. I was out scrapbooking with "The Girls" and Rob called. He asked "When did Ella learn how to climb out of her crib"? My jaw dropped. She proceeded to show him how she did it several more times that day. Luckily, when we purchased her crib, we bought one that converts into a toddler bed. After much discussion that evening and some tears on my part, we decided we would convert it to a toddler bed the next day. It wasn't worth risking her hurting herself. The move to a toddler bed has been difficult at times. Now that she has the freedom to get up whenever she wants, it has been harder to get her to fall asleep. I knew we would obviously make this transition eventually, but I assumed it would be on our terms, not hers. Later THE SAME WEEK, she peed on the "big girl potty" three separate times. It was almost too many changes for me to handle in such a short time. Granted, since then she has indicated the need and desire to go on the potty, but nothing has resulted. Either way, it was excited to know that she understands what happens on the goofy shaped porcelain thing in the bathroom that Daddy sits on for a long time. Her vocabulary is exploding. Some of her favorite words include banana, grape, why (insert eye roll by Mommy here), Gacaw (Grandpa), and Mommy (FINALLY!). I love each and every day with her and am thankful for such a wonderful blessing.
- Ok, so this isn't a change, but something I've learned. This lesson has been learned both recently and over time. It has been hard to accept at times. Its about friends. Some friends will be there for you, no matter what. Other friends say things that hurt. Sometimes they talk behind your back. Some friends let things come between them. True friends don't insult you, or let time or distance interfere. True friends want what is best for you, not what is best for them. I guess this is all part of life, but that doesn't make this lesson any easier to swallow. So, to my true friends...thank you. Thank you for listening, when I just need to talk. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for caring. Thank you for letting me share in your life. To the "other" friends...all I can say is that I hope I've been a better friend to you, than you have to me.
Lots of big changes happening in our lives. Lots of lessons learned. Lots of prayers said. Lots of tears shed. Overall, I guess these are all just facts of life.

Sometimes being an adult...It just sucks. But, the best part is knowing that there are always people to see you through.
ReplyDeleteThanks Steff. It helps to know that you guys are there for me! You're an awesome friend.
ReplyDelete