Friday, June 26, 2009

PROUD

I first have to make the disclaimer that this post was completely unplanned and I just got the "itch" to post it a few minutes ago. In a previous post, I talked about the camp that my Dad counsels each year. Just this morning, Dad forwarded a link to me with a video that was made this year at camp for the Northwest Herald. Its a bigger file, so it takes a bit to load, but it is totally worth it. Note: Dad isn't interviewed, but you can see him in a lawn chair on the shots of the kids playing the beanbag toss.

http://ssm.nwherald.com/northwest-herald/video/20090618CampIAmMe/camp-i-am-me/

Dad, I don't know if you read my blog or not, but I just have to say how proud I am of you for sharing yourself with these kids. You give them warmth, compassion, love and kindness. You show your campers that there are people in this world who look past their scars and care about them and love them for who they are. You not only give of yourself during Camp week, but throughout the year while you raise money to support the Camp. I'm so thankful that you are a positive influence in the lives of these kids. Dad, I'm so blessed to call you my Dad and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment