I have to admit, this past week has been awesome. Here are some of the highlights, which are also my favs of the week:
Last Saturday, Rob, Ella and I went to the Farmers Market in Alton. There wasn't a lot there yet because of the time of year, but we got a zucchini and a loaf of Parmesan garlic focaccia bread. After that, we stopped by an estate sale in the Fairmont subdivision. It was really neat to walk around and look at all the stuff for sale. Our final stop of the morning was at Food & Fermentation in Godfrey. We picked up a bottle of wine and some 8 oz. filet mignons that were $5 each!!! We had an amazing dinner that night.
Sunday, Mom spent the day with me and Ella while Rob had baseball. After a quick trip to Bed Bath & Beyond, we did a little experimenting in the kitchen. We made cheesecake cups. One batch we made with chocolate and peanut butter and the other with chocolate and strawberry. Both were YUMMY, but the ones with peanut butter were AMAZING! I made a chicken lasagna for dinner, which was also pretty darn good.
Monday was rough at work. We lost internet and phones from 10:30 to 4:45, which left me with not a lot that I could get done. But, when I got to SIUE for class that night, I discovered that class had been cancelled. WAHOO! So, I went back to work to get some things done that I couldn't do during the day.
Our trip to Burn Camp was on Tuesday and Wednesday. I had such a great time. You can read more about that trip in my last post.
Finally, today is Friday. The end of the work week. The last day before a weekend that will fly by, just like all the rest.
Some other highlights of this week:
That Ella did GREAT on her first road trip
Getting text messages from my Dad while he's at Camp
Genuine Chicago style pizza
Rob not snoring in our hotel room :)
Honey BBQ Twist Fritos - my favorite road trip food
Excitement for the upcoming trip that Rob and I will be taking
Thanks for reading. TGIF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment