Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Da Bears!

A few months ago, I decided to surprise Rob with tickets to a Bears game in Chicago for Christmas. Despite being a Bears fan for quite a long time now, he had never been to a home game. After searching high and low for tickets which can be rather hard to come by, I found some on Ebay and managed to win the auction. My surprise was almost ruined as Rob walked into our laundry room (which also is home to my desktop computer) just as the auction was finishing up and I was watching it to make sure I was the winner. Luckily, I was able to cover up what I was really up to. When the tickets arrived in the mail, I couldn't keep it a surprise any longer. I also wanted Rob to be able to share in my excitement as the game drew closer. The expression on his face when I gave him the tickets was priceless.
So, this past Sunday we left Alton first thing in the morning after dropping Ella and Payton off at Rob's parent's house. We stopped in Springfield at the Hen House for breakfast and then continued on to Rob's cousin Holly's house in Batavia. After some yummy pizza and time to visit with them, we finished our trek to downtown Chicago. We booked a hotel room for downtown Chicago in hopes that we could walk to Soldier Field and enjoy just being downtown. It was a bit of a hike to get to the stadium, but little did we know that the true exercise was yet to come. Our seats were in section 436 (right on the 40 yard line), row 32. Translation - about 8 rows from the top of the stadium. I think we had to climb the Stairway to Heaven to get to our seats. We found our seats with over an hour until gametime, but decided that we'd had our fill of exercise for the night and enjoyed people-watching for the next hour.

The game didn't turn out as we hoped since they lost to the Eagles 24-20, but we still had a GREAT time.
Here's a few pictures from our trip...




No comments:

Post a Comment